How Choose the Effective Hand Sanitizer Out of Others?
Whenever you want to disinfect your hands from germs, you must have to reach a drop of hand sanitizer. But had you ever thought how effective are those hand sanitizer you use daily?
Everyone knows that alcohol-based hand sanitizers can help to reduce the number of germs and bacteria on your hands. But it is your own responsibility to make sure that how effective are those to disinfect your hands. Keep in mind that hand sanitation is an alternative of washing hands with soap and water and it contains several chemical substances that can cause harm of over-usage. Although washing your hands with warm or soapy water for at least 20 seconds is the best way to protect yourself, sometimes hand sanitizer is needed in a pinch based on the situation.
While purchasing a hand sanitizer don’t forget to check for the percentage of alcohol content it bears. On their labels, this may be listed as ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, or ethyl alcohol. According to the WHO standards, the sanitizer used to disinfect must be the one with at least 60 percent alcohol content. Hence it states that an effective hand sanitizer will carry alcohol content between 60% and 95%neither more nor less can be harmful or ineffective.
How to Use Hand Sanitizers:
1. Apply the required quantity of droplets to the palm of one hand.
2. Rub both hands together.
3. Rub over all surfaces of hands and fingers for about 20 seconds until hands are dry.
Please be aware that the hand sanitizers will be less effective if you have dirt, grease, or other substances on your hands, so hand sanitation should not replace hand washing.
Avoid these hand-sanitizer issues on usage:
1. Alcohol-free formulations – Better not use alcohol-free hand sanitizers, as they might be not as effective also not work as well on many germs and might only reduce their growth instead of killing them.
2. Proper technique – When applying hand sanitizer, make sure you use enough but the recommended amount that covers all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until they’re totally dry.
3. Antibacterial products – Don’t confuse these with hand sanitizer. Antibacterial soaps and body washes are no longer allowed as these products contain triclosan and triclocarban, which may be harmful and don’t have proven effectiveness. These chemicals may also contribute to creating antibiotic-resistant bacteria, which the alcohol in hand sanitizers does not do.
4. Skin dryness – Be aware that hand sanitizers may not be kind to your skin. The downside is that hand sanitizers are very drying to the skin, so most alcohol-based hand sanitizers also contain glycerin, which helps prevent skin dryness, and emollients or moisturizers, like aloe Vera, which help replace some of the water that is stripped by the alcohol.
If you choose to use hand sanitizers, use the one that follows certain terms & standards. Alfarsi.me is one of the best suppliers of Infection Control products in Oman. We provide you with the best suited and most effective Hand sanitizers.
Call us today or visit our website: http://www.alfarsi.me/ to know more details.